Privacy Policy

Are you subject to violence in your own home and do you need help or counseling,  please call:

Tlf. +45 26223611 or +45 50141816

Forced out of your marriage – maybe forced out of Denmark

It has happened again and too often. The woman, tears, and bruises after serious violence.

The woman is in a serious situation, her husband is abusing her and maybe their children.

She might already have filed for divorce, and one thing is certain; when the reason for the divorce is serious abuse then the divorce will be given immediately.

At Indvandrerrådgivningen we have seen many women like her. She might be from a town in Eastern Europa, in Asia, the Middle East or Africa, and often she has very limited knowledge about her rights in a Western European country like Denmark.

Most of these women share one thing, they share a dream of a better life, and therefore, they become a migrant.

Sometimes the dream doesn’t come true, and the marriage becomes a nightmare. It doesn’t matter where the husband is an ethnic Dane or has another ethnic background – as soon as the husband becomes violent the dream disappears, and the partnership has turned in to a conflict.

At this point, the woman has to take some important precautions, especially if there are children involved.

If you feel that your situation resembles the above-stated situation then it is time to do something about it. Ask your friends or colleagues to help you with your legal position. If they have been in Denmark for a long time or are Danes, then they can probably give you some advice.

You need to know everything about your rights, your access to legal advice, you have to know how you can keep your residence permit too Denmark, and you need to know about your rights in relation to keeping or seeing your children. Basically, you need to know what the consequences of your divorce are. There are many questions but if you ask, you can probably get an answer to most of your questions. If you don’t ask, then you might end up having serious problems. If you have a lot of questions about your divorce and you need help, this is where we can be of assistance

In Denmark, there are good opportunities to get access to counseling, however, it can be difficult to get an appointment with the Social Services if you need an appointment immediately. Lawyers cannot be recommended because these types of questions are not lawyers’ specialty, and furthermore, lawyers are often expensive and cannot help with the problems that will arise in relation to a divorce. Indvandrerrådgivningen will handle your case and you can get help with all the unexpected problems that might arise, however, we don’t always do it for free.

You are welcome to call us on the telephone or write us an e-mail or visit us in our office on Tuesdays and Thursdays (we are open from 11:00 to 4:00 on both days). We are always and every day ready to help you and answer your questions. Our nationwide counseling can give you help from experienced counselors.   

Violence against Foreign Women

Stenkildevej 4-butikken
DK 8260 Viby (Ved Viby torv og overfor Viby centeret)
Bus: 1A 4A 6A 11 14 200, letbane L2. 

You can contact us by phone:
+45 26223611 or +45 50141816
or by email